Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Content Specialist II within the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey. The Content Specialist II (Web Design Specialist) develops, enhances and maintains the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey and the ScreenNJ web sites including content, design, and functionality. Ensures information on Rutgers Cancer Institute and ScreenNJ web sites is current, visually appealing, and user-friendly. Working closely with Office of Communications staff, this individual designs and distributes monthly and bi-monthly electronic newsletters using Constant Contact, and maintains and improves the Rutgers Cancer Institute’s intranet. Works cooperatively with appropriate IT Department staff.
Among the key duties for this position are the following:
- Develops, designs, and maintains content for Rutgers Cancer Institute and ScreenNJ websites.
- Suggests, develops, and executes tactics and new web pages to increase website traffic and visitor engagement.
- Coordinates and executes the development of interactive forms and databases for various web projects.
- Executes timely refresh of all information on the websites and intranet.
- Ensures all content and forms are in compliance with Web Accessibility principals and standards, and takes lead on the annual Rutgers University web audit.
- Develops, designs, and maintains content for the intranet. Works closely with the IT team to utilize the SharePoint Online server and other Office 365 tools to its capacity, and coordinates with various interest groups across the cancer center to ensure their content is up-to-date.
- Ensures website is user friendly, professional looking and on par with other NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Marketing & Communications or Graphic Arts or a related technology area, plus one (1) – three (3) years of technology, software or industry related experience with website content management and web design tools or similar work experience. Equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements on a year- for-year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and communication skills.
- Strong team and customer orientation.
- Experience working with content management systems is required, with specific experience in Drupal, WordPress, and SharePoint strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact, Canva, Qualtrics, and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere desired.
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey