The Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey (PDFNJ) is a private 501(c)3 not-for-profit dedicated to the prevention of substance use and abuse through education and awareness. We are seeking a motivated individual, with experience, who will be responsible for coordinating the Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey’s Public Service Campaign outreach and help get the message of substance abuse prevention out through utilizing various social media and traditional platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft press releases and other PR materials.
- Works to pitch agreed ideas to the media, including routine sending of articles and public service campaigns to the target media contacts.
- Coordinate the placement and administrative aspects of articles and PSAs.
- Schedule, monitor and, where appropriate, attend media events.
- Explore new opportunities for the placement of PSAs.
- Monitor and track PR efforts, accurately recording media coverage, interviews and opportunities in the organization database.
- Create and update target media lists.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete other media or PSA related projects as needed.
- Travel and event coverage may be required based on PDFNJ activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work to meet multiple objectives.
- Good computer skills
- Strong grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension.
- Able to work with minimal guidance. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or English.
- 5+ years experience in a public relations or communications role.
This is a remote position; Part-time up to 25 hours per week.
For consideration please email resume and cover letter to Kathy@drugfreenj.org.
The Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Workplace (EEOC) and a Drug-Free Workplace.