The communications industry continues to evolve and transform rapidly. The job market is flooded with talent. Everyone is seeking a competitive edge. Now, more than ever, networking is critical: after all, opportunities and access are afforded through relationships. PRSA NJ provides these powerful professional development advantages to our members:
- Accreditation for Public Relations Professionals: PRSA NJ offers local support for members pursuing their national Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) credential. Study sessions, mentoring by Chapter APRs and Panel Presentations help ensure success for members interested in achieveing this national mark of professional distinction.
- Programs and Workshops: From “Meet the Media” panels with top journalists from leading print, broadcast and online media outlets, to measurement workshops and crisis communications mock trials, our professional development events keep you current on the latest trends and issues and share the critical skills you need to stay ahead. Check your email, our events calendar and/or our social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) for meeting notices.
- Advancing Your Career: Our Chapter website features current New Jersey employment opportunities. Regular networking events enable you to meet with prospective employers (and employees), and create invaluable alliances and long-term relationships with talented PR professionals.
- Finding a Mentor. . .or Becoming One: Participate in our mentoring program and benefit from giving or getting one-on-one professional guidance and support. If you are a member of PRSANJ, or a member of PRSSA at a college/university in NJ now in your senior year, you’re eligible to be a mentee. If you’ve worked in the industry for 15 or more years, you’re eligible to become a mentor. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn from a pro and create a mutually beneficial relationship. For more info, click here.
- Leadership Opportunities: Challenging and rewarding avenues for leadership include serving on the PRSA NJ Board of Directors or leading one of the many committees involved in supporting local Chapter work. Volunteer/leadership opportunities serve the Chapter while helping you build marketable skills and a professional network.
- Opportunity to Support Local College Students: The Chapter supports eight local student Chapters of PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) through speaking engagements, mentoring partnerships, scholarships and job shadowing opportunities. Our Chapter’s PRSSA Liaison coordinates student activities.
- Ongoing Member Communications: PRSA NJ members receive a quarterly electronic newsletter featuring Chapter news, articles on industry issues and best practices, and upcoming events. Our active LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter platforms engage our 300+ members and share up-to-the-minute news, insights and opportunities.
- Free Webinars: As a PRSA member, you now have *free* access to PRSA’s entire catalogue of live and on-demand online professional development training webinars. PRSA Professional Development instructors research and present content on a wide range of public relations topics that reflect best practices, cutting-edge techniques and measureable results. Choose from PRSA National’s many public relations and communications training courses to find subjects you want in the formats you need.