Membership in PRSA’s New Jersey Chapter advances your public relations career by developing your communications skills, expanding your professional network, alerting you to the latest industry trends, and raising the visibility of your PR/communications practice.
Benefits of New Jersey Chapter Membership
Joining the New Jersey Chapter’s nearly 300 members complements your national PRSA membership with additional events, training, and professional connections statewide:
- Networking: Get to know other New Jersey corporate, agency and nonprofit public relations professionals; bounce ideas off one another; share experiences; find a mentor… or be one! Share experiences with peers in our intimate Senior Pros and Young Pros events. Mingle with members of NJ’s communications community at our regular professional development events. Be sure to check out our Facebook (PRSA – NJ Chapter) and Linked In groups, which provide a dynamic forum for members to network regardless of location, and follow us on Twitter.
- Keeping Up With The Profession: Our professional development programs keep you current on the latest trends and issues — from social media and branding to crisis planning. Each training session is led by experienced marketing and communications leaders from top organizations throughout the state.
- Being Recognized: Our annual Pyramid Awards competition honors the best public relations campaigns and individual items with New Jersey’s most prestigious communications award.
- Meeting the Media: Our semi-annual gatherings with representatives of New Jersey’s leading print, broadcast, and online media give you the chance for face-to-face contact that will improve your media relations.
- Advancing Your Career: Our Chapter website features current New Jersey employment opportunities, and our networking events enable you to meet with prospective employers (and employees).
- Mentoring: Share your talent and insights through our one-on-one professional mentoring program that pairs professionals with 15 or more years of experience with mid-level practitioners who have 7-14 years of experience. Mentoring is a two-way street where both people learn about each other and their experiences. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Complementing Your Experience with Volunteerism: Many opportunities exist to lend your experience, or gain new capabilities, whether you have a few hours a month or year to volunteer. Contact PRSA NJ if you are interested in becoming involved.
PRSA’s national parent organization provides a full range of member benefits and services:
- Access to the acclaimed Tactics newspaper, Issues and Trendsdaily newsfeed, and The Strategist magazine.
- Free live and on-demand PR webinars on best practices, cutting-edge techniques and measureable results.
- Free preferred pricing on seminars, boot camps and conferences.
- An RFP exchange and Special Interest Sections.
- A resource center offering case studies, decision-making guidelines, articles, research and award-winning campaigns.
Participation in the PRSA New Jersey Chapter provides a valuable connection to our region’s local employers, prospective clients, job candidates, media markets and public relations community.