Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Marketing and Communication Coordinator for the Office of Communications and Public Affairs at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The primary purpose of the Marketing and Communication Coordinator (Internal Communications) is to support the AVP of Marketing and Communications (Internal Communications) for the Oncology Service Line and Associate Director of Marketing and Communications in supporting/enhancing multi-channel, internal communications programming at Rutgers Cancer Institute. The person in this role will lead the planning, development and execution of various internal communication efforts to drive cultural change, enhance employee engagement and encourage employee retention. This position will work closely with internal constituents and members of CINJ leadership to initiate, organize, and disseminate varied projects. Requires impeccable attention to detail, executive presence, creativity, and excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
Interested candidates may apply here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/183021
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Leads various internal communications efforts, including organizational announcements, leader messaging, video interviews, presentations, newsletter guidance/development as needed through varied approaches (intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, conferences, and e-mails).
- Supports Web Specialist with developing, maintaining and refreshing content for CINJ intranet and is a liaison/member of the Intranet Committee.
- Leads content development for and execution of internal events (e.g., conferences, town halls); supports employee engagement efforts.
- Assists in planning and scheduling of video projects as needed for internal/employee engagement; identifies opportunities to repurpose/repackage content for faculty/staff recruitment and/or external use as appropriate.
- Develops/provides templates and tools (e.g., newsletter, presentation guidelines) for internal use.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field plus two years of internal communications experience.
- Experience in healthcare media relations or public relations a plus.
- Equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and with multiple constituencies.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized and detail oriented and be able to handle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Must possess excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, Reputation.com, Canva required.
- Must have strong speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess basic digital, photography and video editing skills.
- Must have working familiarity of social media outlets including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- Healthcare communications experience.
- Media relations or journalism background.
- Experience in health or science writing.