Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Program Coordinator (Marketing & Communications Specialist) Per Diem in Communications at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The Per-Diem Marketing & Communications Program Coordinator serves as the primary agent responsible for the design and management of Rutgers Cancer Institute Community Outreach and Engagement social media platforms as well as print materials that include program brochures, event flyers, educational handouts and educational toolkits and other reports. The Marketing & Communications Specialist, reports to the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications and the Assistant Director of Community Outreach and Engagement. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will produce community-based as well as provider-oriented educational guides on a variety of cancer prevention and health promotion topics. The role would also include the design of monthly newsletters as well as the development of content and graphic design for the Constant Contact platform. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will be the primary lead for the visual design, organization and structuring of courses geared to the community and to professional healthcare providers on the Rutgers Canvas learning management system. In this role, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will also develop, edit and produce short educational videos on a variety of healthcare topics. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will work in collaboration with the Rutgers Cancer Institute Office of Marketing and Communications to ensure branding and name use is in accordance with policies and guidance of Rutgers Cancer Institute, RWJBarnabas Health and Rutgers University.
Interested candidates may apply here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/182352
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Designs and develops a library of flyer templates according to institutional branding standards.
- Works directly with team members to create educational hand-outs and guidebooks with the content provided on a variety of
- Creates original graphics that contribute to a consistent look for printed and electronic educational materials for the department.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external teams from both the RWJ Barnabas Health Oncology Service Line and Rutgers
Cancer Institute of New Jersey to ensure proper branding and approval of graphic design, logos, branding, and name use for
materials including flyers, annual reports and other COE publications.
- Will be responsible for create a departmental branding kit.
- Routinely develops and manages the content and graphic design of posts on Community Outreach and Engagement social
- Works with team members to design the layout and graphic design of courses within the Canvas learning management system.
- Actively collaborates with team members to develop content and design for monthly internal newsletter submissions.
- Provides marketing support to partners on upcoming events on a weekly basis.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or in a related field required.
- Equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously with good follow through is essential.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and leadership skills, creativity and the ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective oral and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Two (2) years of marketing experience.
- Marketing experience in a community outreach setting.
- Working knowledge of the oncology field.
- An understanding of an academic environment is advantageous.