Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have more than 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
We’re hiring a Communications Manager to join our Corporate Communications team! This is a high-impact, high-visibility role responsible for contributing to and executing on communications strategies that position BD’s CEO as a thought leader, communicate the priorities of the company and culture, and raise awareness of BD’s role in advancing the future of healthcare.
The manager will create content for a range of key audiences across internal, external and social channels.
This role offers flexibility to work a few days on site and a few days remotely. Need to reside within proximity of our Washington, DC site or Franklin Lakes, NJ site.
- Research, write and edit content for channels including company intranet, town halls, video scripts, company-wide emails, speaking engagements, social media.
- Research media outlets and reporters covering leadership, business and strategy beats; maintain media target lists.
- Develop and maintain content calendar that will ensure consistency across platforms.
- Maintain targeted list of speaking opportunities for CEO across a range of industries including health, medtech, innovation, technology, science, business and others.
- Identify, recommend, and track high-impact awards and recognition for the CEO.
- Seamlessly integrate and collaborate across Communications and Social Investing team, as well as other cross-functional teams to ensure message consistency across the organization.
Skillset – this is a role for you if:
- You’re a bold and strategic thinker with a passion for storytelling.
- You have previous experience supporting work for C-level executives.
- Your writing, editing and research skills are extremely strong.
- You can operate calmly under tight deadlines, prioritize multiple projects, take initiative, and efficiently organize tasks and workflows.
- You’re collaborative and capable of building consensus and strong working relationships within a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- You’re comfortable and confident when communicating with media, industry influencers, associates and internal partners at all levels of the organization.
- You can analyze data to draw actionable insights and recommend new strategies and content to improve performance.
- You demonstrate executive presence, sound judgment, diplomacy skills and the highest levels of professionalism when handling confidential material.
- You’re excited to learn and grow with our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience required.
- Experience working on programs for C-level leaders required.
- Experience in communications in a corporate environment and/or agency preferred.
- Experience in health care, highly regulated industry and/or large, matrixed company preferred.
- Experience in internal, external/PR and social media, web and other digital communications and tools.
- Proficiency in PR Newswire, Media Monitoring Services, LinkedIn/Twitter.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Candidates can apply using the following link associated with our applicant tracking system: