PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Account Directors manage accounts and account teams, providing high-level, value-add counsel to clients, and developing and implementing earned, owned, shared and paid strategies for account retention and growth. They lead a team or teams of account staff, overseeing timely and budget-conscious implementation, motivating the team toward exceptional results, and providing a forward-thinking, big picture perspective while anticipating client needs. This position requires demonstrated experience and effectiveness at the Senior Account Executive level working with B2B clients.
- Serve as a senior day-to-day client contact on assigned accounts, working with the Senior Vice President to set the tone for how the business and/or account is managed
- Build a relationship with each account client as a trusted consultant, confidant and resource; provide proactive, forward-thinking client counsel on strategic matters
- Possess a thorough understanding of clients’ industry (and the clients’ place in it), business challenges and goals; develop effective and strategic client plans and proposals
- Identify opportunities for expanding our services to current clients and develop long-term plans and programming for client business; actively engage in new business development opportunities
- Consistently generate new value-add ideas and opportunities to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues, ensuring client program success
- Direct client editorial (media, speaking, publications, etc.) programs; guide staff in writing and editing
- Develop and deliver client presentations and new business pitches
- Understand a variety of complex subjects and describe them for audiences with varying levels of related expertise; Redirect clients from strategies with which the agency team does not agree or believes fall outside of scope
- Assume responsibility for all day-to-day management of client budgets with SVP oversight
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and lead direct reports and account teams, assuming responsibility for, and oversight of, the team’s work product – serve as a leadership role model exercising sound judgment on personnel issues in accordance with company policies
- Be involved in team staffing, individual team members’ performance goals and career development, and training
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional qualifications we’re seeking in a candidate
- Demonstrated experience, effectiveness and achievement in a similar role with a PR agency
- B2B experience
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included. To be considered, where permitted by applicable law, including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be considered fully vaccinated by start date. For roles in Iselin, employees currently work a hybrid schedule with some required in-Iselin work days.
Two entities, one mission: to be a driving force for expertise. Stern Strategy Group – Public Relations and Speakers and Advisors – believes in the power of people, business and ideas, and the positive impact that comes from connecting them, together and with the world. We are strategists and conveners, conversation shapers and opportunity seekers. We are the thought leaders on thought leadership and the experts on expertise. We help our clients dig deeper, push further and think bigger – to grow, to innovate, to change minds and shift behavior, for the better. We’re AVID about our core values of Attentiveness, Vision, Integrity and Drive.
If you’re wondering about our benefits
Stern offers two health insurance plans, a hybrid work schedule for Iselin-based employees, life insurance, long and short-term disability benefits, 401(k) with up to a 4% match, dependent care flex spending account, self-funded dental, vision, cancer and accident, an Employee Assistance Program, funded learning opportunities, birthday off, generous PTO (pro-rated 93 hours in first year, 140 hours in second year), 10 company-paid holidays per year. All benefits are always subject to plan availability, eligibility and federal, state and local laws.
Or, send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org