Marketing Manager for NonProfit Farm
Reports to: Executive Director
Full Time: 40 hours/week (M-F with some flexibility for nights, weekends, and events that require the Marketing Manager’s attendance.)
Salary: $35,000/year to start
Opportunity: The individual hired for this position will enjoy a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of building a modern marketing/communications program for Snipes Farm and Education Center (SFEC), a nonprofit devoted to sustainable farming and related activities, including a children’s camp, a CSA program, and hunger relief. The Marketing Manager will increase awareness of, engagement with, and support for the mission and programs of SFEC by managing all aspects of a robust marketing/communications program.
1.Management: Implements the SFEC Marketing/Communications (MarCom) Plan to meet its goals and objectives. Coordinates marketing-related efforts of other SFEC employees. Works closely with outside consultant in development of a new Strategic Marketing/Communications Plan. Serves as liaison to the Marketing and Communications Committee of the Board.
- Social Media: Executes and manages tactical and strategic social media activities across all SFEC platforms.
- Brand Awareness: Understands and promotes awareness of the SFEC brand in all marketing and social media activities.
- Market Research: Conducts market research to identify and advocate for marketing opportunities.
- Measurement: Tracks and analyzes the results of all marketing activities. Translates data and analysis into quarterly reports to support decision-making by management and Board leaders.
- Earned Media: Reaches out to news media, prepares news releases for review and approval coordinates efforts to secure media interest in SFEC activities, and responds to media inquiries.
- Paid Media: Negotiates media buying and manages paid-media relationships.
- Writer/Editor: Writes and edits content for print and digital media.
Skills/Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, and/or public relations and related fields. • Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and measuring social media strategies through internships or other work experience. • Strong knowledge of marketing platforms, especially social media. • Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques • Ability to measure results of MarCom activities and convert data into meaningful analysis. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Storytelling abilities a plus. • Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects. • Takes initiative, innovates and can work independently. • Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills. • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Hoot Suite or social media management platforms, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
Physical Requirements: Occasional participation in farming activities, public events, education programs as needed based on the work demands of the organization in all types of weather year-round.
Work Environment: Combination of office and outside work.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to Christopher Biddle (firstname.lastname@example.org), President, Biddle Communications & Public Relations. 856-439-6413