Public Relations & Communications Manager
Under the general direction of the Marketing Director, the Public Relations & Communications Manager is responsible for developing, leading, and executing all earned and owned media strategies and plans for Adventure Aquarium. The effective Public Relations & Communications Manager will deliver a mix of strategy, execution, and leadership to accomplish overarching marketing goals.
Adventure Aquarium Culture:
As a Herschend Family Entertainment property, Adventure Aquarium is in the business of creating memories worth repeating by greatly exceeding guest expectations, serving others, creating emotional connections, and seeking constant improvement. Stewardship, guest satisfaction, and team member satisfaction are our core areas of focus. We aim to be a great place to work for great people.
- Develop communications strategies and tactics to support the overall Marketing Plan.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales & Marketing and the in-house marketing and animal care teams to ensure public relations and communications initiatives deliver against targets established within the annual Marketing Plan.
- Deliver earned media impression and value targets through the development and implementation of the annual PR, content & Social Media strategy and plan.
- Cultivate a network of journalists, influencers, editors, PR professionals, bloggers and contributors at online publications in the Philadelphia, New York, Harrisburg and Wilkes-Barre DMAs.
- Write, edit, and pitch newsworthy content through press releases and other media communications aimed at promoting the Adventure Aquarium brand, increasing/maintaining awareness, and driving visitation.
- Manage all media inquiries and interview requests; serving as an official spokesperson.
- Integrate campaigns through earned and owned media channels.
- Oversee the development and administration of all social media activities designed to engage users.
- Manage a Content Marketing Coordinator in the execution of the above duties.
- Maintain Adventure Aquarium’s Crisis Communications Plan.
- As needed, surfacing crisis communications situations to the Atlanta-based Property Support Center.
- Facilitate either live or web-based crisis communications training; ensuring all relevant team members are engaged.
- Model and reflect the Adventure Aquarium culture to guests, partners, direct reports, supervisors, peers, and property and PSC leadership.
- Serve as Manager on Duty on a rotating schedule with other property Managers and Directors, excluding handling of guest complaints.
- Track and analyze data and report on earned and social media.
- Represent Adventure Aquarium within various professional groups.
- Manage PR budget.
- Other duties as specified.
Salary Range: $65k-$70k
For more details and to apply: https://hfecorp-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=4&jobid=17533