Public Relations Senior Account Executive
Violet PR is seeking a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our award-winning, boutique PR firm based in Montclair, N.J. We’re looking for a smart, fun, energetic go-getter who’s passionate about media relations and understands what makes news. The SAE will serve a diverse range of clients in fields including economic development, real estate, architecture, social good and the arts.
- Managing day-to-day account activities; interfacing daily with clients
- Researching and writing news releases, pitches, fact sheets, media advisories and social media content
- Pitching by email and phone to national, regional and trade journalists, including print, broadcast and online
- Social media management, including implementation of social media campaigns for clients on platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Researching target media using Cision and the Internet, with support from an Account Coordinator
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
- 3-5 years of PR agency experience and a bachelor’s degree
- Track record of securing national and niche media coverage, and experience developing relationships with reporters
- Strong writer with knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of the wider media landscape – including current events, national/statewide news and trends
- Ability to ideate and create news articles, thought leadership columns, blog posts, and more
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Detail oriented; able to manage multiple projects in an organized manner
- Ability to work well within a boutique team in a fun, collaborative and creative setting
- Social media experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to work at least two days a week in our Montclair, N.J., offices at Hillside Square; Montclair’s most prestigious “green” office complex
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation package that includes winter recess and summer Fridays
- Flexible work from home policy
- Medical and dental insurance; 401k matching program
- Professional development opportunities including association memberships and training, as well as industry events and conferences
- Regular promotions and salary increases; we are seeking people that want to grow with us!
- Team-building activities and happy hour outings
- No bureaucracy; our focus is on generating great results for clients
- Pro bono projects that help community organizations
About Violet PR
Founded in 2010, Violet PR has grown to become one of the top boutique PR firms in the country by helping clients that are making a positive impact on the world. The industries we serve include economic development; real estate, architecture and engineering; and social good.
Whether it’s rebranding a city, drawing attention to a revitalized neighborhood, or promoting a new sustainable development, Violet PR helps clients make a difference. Through a combination of news stories, social media and compelling content, our New Jersey-based boutique public relations firm helps clients attract more dollars and supporters.
In the last two years, Violet PR won over 30 national and regional awards for PR excellence including Bulldog Reporter’s Bronze award as “Small Agency of the Year” in 2021. Violet PR is a Certified Woman Owned Business (WBE), a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise, and a PR News Top 100 “Agency Elite” PR Firm. April Mason, president and founder, was recently named one of New Jersey’s “Top 50 Women in Business” by NJBIZ and ROI-NJ magazines.
We are headquartered in Montclair, N.J., a 30-minute train ride from New York City and within walking distance of dozens of restaurants, coffee shops, boutique stores and parks.
See our case studies here: https://www.violetpr.com/client-showcase.
Interested candidates should send an email with a detailed note explaining why you’d be an ideal candidate for this opportunity to Jordan Wills at email@example.com. Please include your resume, salary expectations and relevant writing samples/media placements for review.