Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management, coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking – a place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let’s pursue excellence together.
The Public Relations Manager will have a key role in ensuring strategic pull through of public relations programs, including management of patient education campaigns, media relations programs, and advocacy partnerships. The Public Relations Manager will have input into our public relations strategy and will be a key partner to our commercial and marketing franchise leads in the development and execution of branded and unbranded programs.
- Collaborate with field force to uncover, vet, and cultivate potential media stories.
- Work with public relations agency to research, develop and pitch story ideas and angles to local, regional, national and industry vertical outlets.
- Communicate scientific data (i.e., new publications or medical meeting presentations) in a thorough yet accessible manner.
- Review and edit pitches, bylined articles and press releases.
- Develop messages tailored to various target audiences
- Draft Q&A and key message documents, and conduct internal briefings as necessary.
- Brainstorm content and prepares executives with necessary messaging materials.
- Staff media interviews, including interviewee preparation, and conduct or direct follow-up.
- Coordinate advocacy relations meetings and prepare necessary materials in advance.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clinicians, spokespeople, advocates, and opinion leaders.
- Monitor and report on daily media clips.
- Manage external vendors, including agency partners in assisting with materials development and production.
- Build strong collaborative relationships within the organization including Marketing, Investor Relations, Learning & Development, Legal & Compliance, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs.
- Communicate progress, trends, and project updates to senior management and other appropriate people/groups within Pacira.
- Minimum 5 years of increasing responsibility in public relations, investor relations, and/or corporate communications
- Preferred experience in healthcare, the hospital marketplace, and/or the pharmaceutical/bio-tech industry.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Communications, Business or closely related field from accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated success in the development and execution of strategies to respond to unique or challenging market dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize projects effectively
- Strong written and oral English communications skills, strong presentation skills; proven ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization as well as vendors and outside constituents
- Ability to work independently; demonstrated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to leverage insights to identify and evaluate creative ideas, focusing on those that will create sustainable market advantage
- Proven ability to maintain a strong attention to detail and quick recall
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of reference and bibliographic software and creation of reference databases are essential
- Ability to successfully work cross-functionally
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Pacira we are committed to intentionally cultivating a culture of inclusion where all feel welcomed and valued for their background, perspectives, and experiences. We hold one another accountable to promote trust and transparency in support of our communities and collective purpose.