Director of Communication and Membership Development
1 Position/s Available
Will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the agency’s mission. Will ensure the agency is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base. Will work closely with a senior peer group as the principal communications partner on strategic initiatives. The Director, Communications and Member Development, determines and manages external communication strategies to advance the agency’s overall mission, enhance agency reputation among constituent groups and the public, and serve the marketing needs of individual programs. This individual also contributes to internal communication efforts to further employee satisfaction and agency culture.
- Determine and execute communications strategy to deliver communication objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand and message integrity across all platforms.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for Executive Director to cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted high level audiences and influencers.
- Assemble and supervise a diversely skilled communications team.
- Establish and drive multi-channel communication strategy and annual plan for overall agency and individual program objectives.
- Assist in creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms to ensure data-driven decisions.
- Develop internal publications to support cross marketing opportunities, reinforce agency culture and enhance employee satisfaction.
- Ensure quality control of all information released as well as fidelity to grant requirements and brand voice.
- Determine and manage crisis communication strategy and serve as principal media contact.
- Serve as agency spokesperson at public events, including, but not limited to press conferences, community and professional gatherings and legislative hearings.
- Oversee media relations efforts to develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Create budget for communications team and ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain agency’s general membership in support of agency objectives. Serve as primary support staff to Membership and Nominating Committee and manage member recruitment efforts and board elections.
- Oversees production/marketing and distribution of major agency publications and reports, including but not limited to SNJPC Annual Report and Achieve.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or marketing; Master’s desirable
- Five years’ professional experience at managerial level in public relations, communications, marketing or association management.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems and digital graphics production
- Experienced with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance policy and car
- Must be able to see to read documents and hear well enough to communicate with others
- Must be able to write, type on a computer, and use a telephone
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Additional requirements to be determined with input from Director and HR
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travels regularly to sites where traffic, weather, and other environmental conditions may be encountered; otherwise works in a climate-controlled professional office environment generally free from hazards and other adverse working conditions.
Successful candidates for employment by SNJPC must undergo a criminal background check and driver`s license review.
Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, a nonprofit maternal/child health agency providing programs/services to improve perinatal/pediatric health. SNJPC offers a comp. salary and benefits pkg. It is SNJPC’s policy to make every practical effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities to execute the crucial functions to the job.
SNJPC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to apply for employment with our agency without regard to abilities, age, race, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio economic status, educational levels, military/veteran status or any other characteristics.
Interested candidates apply online Click Here
Or visit our website’s Career Page @ https://www.snjpc.org/who-we-are/careers.html