PRSA New Jersey in partnership with the New Jersey YMCA State Alliance is hosting a series of webinars on hot-button Diversity & Inclusion topics to explore the impact of diversity in the PR field and throughout various industries. This program will help uncover unconscious biases and practices, as well as ways they impact overall communications and diverse colleagues.
Building and Retaining Diverse Teams: The Juice Is Worth the Squeeze
Thursday, October 15, 2020
12:00pm – 1:00pm
via Zoom Meeting; link provided upon registration
If diverse teams are more productive and innovative, and have higher levels of employee engagement, then why do so many organizations struggle with hiring more diverse employees? Companies that do hire diverse talent, arguably, find that retaining them is even harder. To recruit, engage and retain employees with intrinsic and extrinsic differences requires a real and consistently applied commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Join the conversation to discuss how organizations can respectfully acknowledge and celebrate employees’ individuality, while building personal and organizational growth and success.
What You Will Learn
- Proven strategies for recruiting diverse talent
- How mentoring, sponsorship, and succession planning shape D&I strategies
- Why cultivating an inclusive workplace that fosters psychological safety is critical
- Nponano Maikori, Communications and Talent Manager, Local Wisdom
- Joel Pacheco, Global HR Consultant and Organizational Transformation Partner
- Stephanie Scott, Senior Vice President, LifeSci Communications
- Stephanie K. Reed, Communications Director, Finance and Administration, Rutgers University
To register for this free event, please click here. UPDATE LINK
For more information on this series, please click here: Diversity & Inclusion Webinar Series Flyer.
Learn more about the New Jersey YMCA State Alliance at www.njymca.org.