At Atlantic Health System, we’ve been recognized as one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems by some of the most prestigious organizations in the country. We are confident that you will find success within the Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 11th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. Here, you will find a collaborative culture and quality care that exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our team members.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications professional to lead public relations and strategic communications for Morristown Medical Center, New Jersey’s #1 Hospital, according to U.S. News & World Report, Goryeb Children’s Hospital, and several nationally recognized clinical service lines. The senior public relations manager will be responsible for driving and executing the strategic direction for public relations as an integral member of Atlantic Health System’s Marketing & Communications team.
- The Senior Public Relations Manager supports Atlantic Health System’s strategic business priorities through targeted public relations and communications efforts, including proactive and reactive media opportunities, thought leadership, and social media for the following:
- Morristown Medical Center and its affiliated ambulatory facilities
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital
- Several nationally recognized clinical service lines
- Additional key areas of responsibility/oversight include:
- Strategic communication counsel supporting Morristown Medical Center leadership and clinical teams by writing, editing, coordinating, planning and executing strategic communications
- Analyze public relations metrics and continually optimize efforts
- Minimum of eight to ten years of experience is required managing public relations and external communications programs. Healthcare focus preferred. Agency experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience implementing structure and discipline in communications approach.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
- Experience working with national, regional and local media.
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend (rotating) on-call responsibilities.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and considerations for communicating in the public arena, from the community to global public relations (PR); the ability to communicate to various forms of media outlets effectively and establish favorable public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in Communications or Journalism or related field preferred
Interested qualified candidates can visit https://jobs.atlantichealth.org/job/10541906/senior-public-relations-manager-morristown-nj/ to apply.