The communications team at Atlantic Health System is looking for a freelance media and public relations specialist for a long-term project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as AHS “Roving Reporter” – Cover system and medical center events, write news stories, media pitches, press releases, and articles
- Pitch press releases and feature stories through system PR agency or independently to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
- Interview system executives, physicians and patients via phone or in-person to follow-up on story leads – vet for media pitching
- When appropriate, arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for key spokespeople – in person or over the phone
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- PR coverage for Hospital services to support PR managers
Applicants should have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in media and public relations, specifically in crafting stories and pitching to the media. Healthcare experience is not necessary.
Qualified applicants should send resume to:
Atlantic Health System