Public Relations Specialist – Beauty Industry Clientele
Job Opening: Senior Account Executive
Public Relations and Social Media Marketing Firm, Beauty
First and Last PR’s mission is to partner with and deliver impeccable traditional public relations, social media outreach, digital marketing and business development services to profit and not-for-profit clients with accuracy, integrity and safety to foster growth one client at a time, while making a positive impact on the community – locally, regionally, and globally. We are an award-winning boutique public relations firm looking for the right public relations specialist to create and maintain a favorable public image for First and Last PR and the organizations we represent. So, regardless of the position, we look for individuals who share a sense of our mission and are passionate about providing genuine heart-felt service to our clients. The public relations specialist will focus on the beauty industry, including but not limited to skin and hair care, cosmetics and all things beauty-FULL.
First and Last PR is seeking an experienced senior account executive with a passion for beauty and lifestyle public relations. The senior account executive will be responsible for managing and answering client needs on a daily basis and serve as the liason between the company and the client coming up with innovative strategy to create brand awareness. Must love social media and possess the ability to cultivate strong, long-lasting industry relationships with high level national and regional contacts. All go getters should apply.
- Develop PR-specific marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics for each client.
- Strategize and proactively target, pitch, and secure media coverage of client brand.
- Assign monthly writing assignments to the team including targeted pitches for long and short lead media to secure high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Write press releases and media alerts. Prepare information for the media.
- Build and manage an aggressive influencer marketing strategy to build global awareness of company’s brands.
- Continual and consistent contact with editors and influencers who might print or broadcast their material.
- Plan and execute creative activations and/or media stunts to drive client awareness.
- Monitor and respond to concerns, questions and information requests from the broadcast, print and social media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Own flawless follow-up with editors, journalists, bloggers, and other important influencers. Activities include creating and shipping tailored media mailers and product samples, fact-checking magazine placements, and coordinating giveaways and details of blog and influencer posts.
- Drive execution of special events, including beauty trade shows, blogger conferences and press previews.
- Coordinate all aspects of special events, including arranging meeting logistics, transportation, and other details:
- Meet with clients to estimate attendance and understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including its time, location, and cost
- Solicit bids from venues and service providers
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet the client’s requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
- Monitor event activities to ensure that the client and the attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payments
- Work with team to monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a monthly basis.
- Participate regularly in PR strategy sessions and regular team meetings to coordinate activities, contribute ideas and execute on new initiatives.
- Maintain the firm’s/agency’s corporate image and identity.
- Three or more years of senior experience in a public relations role.
- Experienced translator of a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results.
- Experience developing and carrying out effective communications campaigns on beauty industry issues in a fast-paced work environment a definite plus.
- Event planning experience a plus. Computer skills. Proficiency using Apple products, Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Apps, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter and WordPress.
- Social media skills. Lead the social media team in gathering and analyzing social media metrics each quarter; provide analysis and suggestions for new strategies and tactics to continually build on successes.
- Interpersonal skills. Experience interacting with the public and the media regularly; therefore, the public relations specialist must be open and friendly to maintain a favorable image for the agency.
- Organizational skills. Ability/experience overseeing managing several events at the same time, requiring superior organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills. Good judgment in what to report and how to report it.
- Speaking skills. Strong advocate for the profession and may be encouraged to speak on behalf of the agency, therefore, must be able to clearly articulate.
- Writing skills. Proficient writing, editing and content strategy and development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, video scripts, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios and briefing sheets.
- Project management skills. Ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a
positive attitude to ensure completion of assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Personal interest skills. Passion for our work and commitment to independent, on-going growth and development.
Email your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to Stephanie Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org.