Spectrum Works (“Spectrum”) is going through a period of exciting growth and change —we are an ambitious organization looking for a PR Consultant to help position Spectrum as an authority in “inclusion in the workplace” for individuals with disabilities (specifically autism).
We believe people with autism and other disabilities can be integrated into the workforce through education and opportunity. Our vision is to change society’s perception of how corporations can seamlessly employ and integrate disabled individuals into their workplace.
Spectrum’s Mission is to:
• Raise awareness that individuals with autism can be valuable productive employees
• Create a scalable program that can be fitted to companies to start their integration of people with disabilities into their workforce
• Increase employment for individuals with autism
• Directly assist high schools and colleges with the transition of people with disabilities into the workforce
Working with Spectrum Works offers a great opportunity to drive social change and to help young adults with autism live up to their potential for stable, successful, economically self-sufficient lives. This consulting position is a short-term project for four months and has the potential to be extended depending upon results.
Spectrum is seeking a strategic, creative, and passionate PR Consultant to create and execute PR initiatives for this growing organization. The primary responsibility is to develop and place media stories. The PR consultant will work closely with the CEO and the Marketing Manager. The efforts in PR will help the organization build a strong external narrative that will resonate with companies, schools, individuals and society.
This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented PR professional to play a key role in our organization. We are seeking a person with a proven track record in PR and experience developing relationships with the media.
• Develop and implement strategic PR initiatives that builds Spectrums’ brand
• Position Spectrum as a thought leader in the inclusion of individuals with autism in the workplace to drive brand awareness and new business opportunities
• Create strategic story angles for placements that strengthen the organization’s brand and positioning in the marketplace
• Work closely with senior stakeholders to develop stories and other opportunities
• Actively develop and manage relationships with the media
• Create content for press releases, articles, and other media stories
• Coordinate with marketing team to launch social media strategy that compliments the PR efforts
• Develop relationships with bloggers, social media influencers, and other relevant digital leaders
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years PR experience with a demonstrated track record of success
• Experience pitching national, regional, consumer, and business media; nonprofit experience a plus
• An understanding of the bigger-picture and an ability to advance organization narratives
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically
• Relationships with top online and print editors
• Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate new ideas
• A team player who can collaborate with management and other stakeholders