Job Opening: Account Manager
Public Relations/Strategic Communications
Laura Bishop Communications is a woman-owned public relations and strategic communications firm recognized for its strategic, smart and savvy approaches to meeting the unique needs of its clients through editorial, PR, social media, community engagement, school bond referenda and get-out-the-vote campaigns. The South Jersey-based firm has a niche practice in education, environmental and nonprofit work, and also serves clients in the banking, food service, automotive and senior living fields.
We are looking for a sharp, self-motivated Account Manager with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in media relations and writing, account management and digital communications.
Position: Account Manager
Ideal candidates must have experience and success pitching to the media, developing social media strategy and working face-to-face with clients. We want to talk with individuals who can take the lead working with clients as they deliver thoughtful and creative strategies with confidence, respond to clients’ needs and issues promptly and meet deadlines. Experience with web and video script writing is a bonus.
LBC thrives with a network of employees who work from their home offices throughout the region. Our newest Account Manager must be willing, able and equipped to work from home or another privately maintained office space and have discipline to maintain his or her own schedule to complete a 35-hour work week. Flexibility is offered, and it is expected in return. Some travel is required throughout New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia Region to attend client meetings and staff events. In addition to bi-monthly staff meetings, the firm regularly schedules opportunities to work together and fun team-building activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated PR/strategic communications experience
- Standout writing skills – ability to deliver clear, concise and compelling content across various mediums – digital included – with a pesky eye for grammar
- Media savvy – successful in building relationships with regional media, pitching and placing content and following the day’s news to develop relevant story ideas
- Project management experience – a track record of developing and managing strategic campaigns and projects to meet the communications goals of clients
- Self-motivated – ability to work independently, usually from your own office; driven to develop and present original ideas to clients
- Detail-oriented – can retain and maintain accurate documents, files for clients and Laura Bishop Communications; can maintain accurate and detailed record of time on a daily basis
- Team player – willingness to pitch in to help Laura Bishop Communications fulfill all clients’ marketing communications/public relations missions, plans and timelines
Benefits include a flexible schedule, including ability to work from home, complemented by work-together and brainstorming sessions as well as bi-weekly staff meetings, generous PTO, paid holidays, technology allowance and travel reimbursements. The successful candidate will join a highly qualified team of energetic professionals who are as committed to their co-workers as they are to their clients. He or she will work for a company that has grown significantly over the past two years and shows no sign of slowing.
E-mail a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to Mel Kuhn, email@example.com.