Rutgers University’s School of Communication and Information
Full-Time Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Public Relations (Open Rank)
Location: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
The Rutgers University’s School of Communication and Information Department of Communication seeks a non-tenure track faculty in Public Relations, to join the department in Fall 2019. Rank of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Communication and will:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in public relations
- Support recruitment and mentoring of part-time lecturers for the Department’s public relations courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Liaison with stakeholders within and outside of the School of Communication and Information, including PRSSA student organization, faculty with interests in public-relations and organizational communication, public relations agencies, associations (e.g. PRSA NJ), SC&I alumni in public relations practice and public relations professionals.
- Support student public relations immersion experiences including the solicitation of student public relations internship opportunities
- Support development of the public relations graduate track and undergraduate specialization through participation in activities initiated by the program directors such as curriculum development, student organization development, and co-curricular activities.
We seek applicants who:
- Have at least a master’s degree in communication, public relations, or a related field
- Have 5-10 years of significant direct professional public relations experience
- Have at least two years of college teaching experience (prefer both undergraduate and graduate teaching experience)
- Have experience in industry
- Have experience in academic program development
We prefer applicants who:
- Have published in public-relations industry and scholarly journals and/or who have a record of participation in scholarly and/or professional conferences for public relations
We look forward to welcoming a new colleague who will contribute to our thriving undergraduate and master’s programs.
Rutgers University’s School of Communication and Information houses a dynamic and engaged community of scholars in the fields of Communication, Library and Information Science, and Journalism and Media Studies, providing unique opportunities for cross-cutting, interdisciplinary partnerships within the school. Given the vibrant scholarly climate in the school and rich prospects for engaged public research in the area, we embrace the university’s goals of promoting diversity and inclusion throughout our networks and programs. For more information about the School of Communication and Information, see: comminfo.rutgers.edu.
Applicants should please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, and list of at least three references with contact information. Active review of applications will begin November 26. Please direct any questions to Search Committee Chair Laurie Lewis (email@example.com). For more details and to submit an application, go to: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/76442.
Rutgers University is an AA/EEO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. For additional information please see our Non-Discrimination Statement: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement.