If you’re an experienced, results-oriented creative account executive who loves to harness the power of words and are looking for a new challenge with one of New Jersey’s most respected PR firms, read on.
Our firm, which has 35 years of helping clients who do good work tell their stories, needs a new member of the team who can craft inspiring thought leadership and editorial pieces, pitch and place stories, and has a track record of excellent account management. Experience in health/life science sector is preferred. Knowledge and experience in the digital space and ability to navigate InDesign and/or Illustrator is a plus.
You’ll be based in our Princeton-area office, surrounded by a cohesive, welcoming diverse team of sharp, passionate colleagues who excel at upping each other’s game. We meet deadlines head-on for clients including small and mid-sized pharma companies, universities, regional hospitals, Fortune 500 companies and philanthropic foundations. Our key industry areas include health/life sciences, energy/environment, public policy/education and transportation/technology.
We pride ourselves on our willingness to grow each day, and to offer winning ideas and top service to great clients.
The Communications Manager is expected to provide communications, marketing and media relations support (including writing and editing), social media strategy, and project management for assigned clients and the firm. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify priority media targets for clients and pitch corporate or product-related angles
- Expertly write and edit written materials (white papers, op-ed’s, proposals etc.) for the firm and clients from various industries with an emphasis on pharma
- Participate in development and execution of social media strategies and tactics
- Traffic creative content for marketing activities including: websites, video, digital advertising, and social media
- Project manage client deliverables for assigned accounts, lead internal and client meetings/calls and prepare written progress reports.
Traits We Love
- High energy and drive
- Sense of humor
- First-rate writing skills
- Outstanding verbal communications
- Self-directed style
- Skillful time management
- Detailed oriented
- Readiness to learn and stretch
- Interest in current events
- Ability to meet deadlines, keep track of multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for public-interest causes like health, education, environment
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5-plus years of experience in journalism, public relations, public affairs, or marketing.
- Working experience in health and life sciences, with specific demonstrated success for pharma PR
- Interest in education, public policy, and/or renewable energy/environmental issues.
- Working knowledge of the New Jersey political landscape and experience in political or issues campaigns is a plus.
We are a top communications consultancy based in New Jersey with 35 years of success in creating and implementing targeted campaigns for mission-driven clients across our state, nation, and the world.
We are a diverse team of experienced pros with eclectic backgrounds in a range of areas. The firm has particularly in-depth experience in the health and life sciences sectors and is expanding its role in public policy, education, and environmental and energy issues. Our leadership communications practice, provides coaching, clinics, and training to help transform leaders – and aspiring leaders – into superb communicators.
Our mission is to help good clients do good work — and to have fun while we’re doing it.
If you have what it takes for this position, let us know why we should hire you. Send a cover note and your resume to email@example.com.