The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation is hiring a full-time communications intern in its Princeton, NJ office. The internship is a paid position and will run through June 30, 2019. Candidates should have a strong understanding of strategic communications and public engagement. Recent college graduates are preferred. Duties include:
- Working with the Woodrow communications team to assess communications needs and opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Writing and editing content that demonstrates correct tone, subject-matter expertise and best practices.
- Conducting media industry research.
- Engaging members of the media on Woodrow programs.
- Publishing digital content, as well as tracking, monitoring and analyzing for effectiveness.
- Tracking media coverage and media reach.
- Assisting chief communications and strategy officer in a range of special projects.
- College degree in a related field
- Strong research skills.
- Creative under short deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail in writing and editing.
- Strong eye for “the news.”
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery.
- General familiarity with social media and online analytics tools/platforms.
- General familiarity with non-profit communications. .
- General familiarity with emerging platforms and trends.
To be considered, interested candidates should send their resume and a brief statement on why they want to begin their communications careers at the Woodrow Wilson Foundation to email@example.com. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter.