Antenna, a full-service public relations firm, is looking for a talented account supervisor to add to its growing life sciences practice. We’re looking for someone with PR experience in the health industry who is able to handle a broad range of projects with a high degree of independence and sound judgment. We’re seeking a supervisor who is extremely media driven, with experience in securing top-tier media coverage on a regular basis. We’re a really fun bunch and have incredibly cool clients, so our work is always exciting.
Lead the development, coordination, and direction of public relations activities on behalf of clients. Contribute to the growth of the agency and junior staff.
Account Strategy and Management:
- Help lead strategy sessions and develop plans to implement successful client programs.
- Facilitate and lead the creative development process including
- Brainstorms; encourage teammates to identify fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Advise on account staffing and monthly resource allocation
- Advise on roles and responsibilities across account teams
- Monitor ClickTime for accounts and advise on retainer management
- Serve as the primary point of contact across accounts
- Lead client update calls
- Work with junior staff to refine email and phone communication
- Supervise junior staff to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards
Media and Analyst Relations:
- Develop and oversee execution of media strategy across accounts, including proactive and reactive opportunities
- Conduct media outreach and regularly secure coverage in top-tier media
- Strengthen relationships with key contacts, focusing on top-tier print, online and broadcast
- Support junior staff in developing relationships with reporters in trade, regional and national media
- Finalize written pitches; advise on phone pitching
- Set goals for media coverage for junior staff and help them meet those goals
- Manage editorial process for all written materials drafted by junior staff, including press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
Management and Mentorship:
- Work with junior staff to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries
- Lead and participate in agency team building activities
Strategy and Counsel: Demonstrates ability to think strategically, connect client goals and objectives with PR program approaches and make sound recommendations to clients. Regularly guides clients regarding strategy and program direction. Knows when to consult with and make recommendations to Director or VP regarding more significant client issues.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
Flexibility: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, media relations or related area
- 4+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas; at least some agency experience preferred
- Reports to VP of life sciences
- Direct reports: Interns
- Secondary reports: AAEs, AEs, SAEs
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.