It’s not rocket science, but how often do we really do it as PR practitioners? In this morning seminar hosted by PRSA NJ, PR strategy expert Stacey Smith will lay out simple and effective steps you can take to research and understand what motivates your target audiences.
Truly effective PR starts with listening to the people you want to influence. Only once you understand them, and their motivations, can you develop a PR strategy that is able to engage them and move them to take desired actions.
Stacey is a partner with Jackson Jackson & Wagner in New Hampshire, and frequently presents on the topic of PR strategy for the Public Relations Society of America and other organizations. She specializes in behavioral PR research, an often neglected underpinning to effective public relations. She is the author of a book and many articles on this and related PR topics.
In this seminar, you will learn how to:
- Identify and find thought leaders and decision makers among your target audiences who can tell you what your audiences think and why.
- Ask the right questions and listen.
- Understand the barriers to the motivation of any particular audience and how to overcome those barriers.
- Apply basic principles of human behavior to sharpen your approach.
- Link your PR goals to the organizational goals of your client or employer.
- Do all of this in a cost-effective way.
Following Stacey’s presentation, plenty of time will be left for you to ask questions. The slide presentation and other handouts will be emailed to registrants after the event.
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 | 8:00am -10:30 am
Fees: Members $29 | Non-Members $40 | Students FREE
Location: Tabula Rasa Gallery & Event Space | 1645 Irving Street | Rahway, NJ 07065
You may park on Irving Street or in the parking lot of the Arts Guild NJ diagonally across the street from the gallery.
Register: Click here to register.
Questions? Contact Christopher Biddle, APR (firstname.lastname@example.org | 856-630-1545) or Andrea Bower | email@example.com