SET YOURSELF APART WITH THE CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC RELATIONS EXAM
Setting yourself apart from dozens or — in some cases — hundreds of other job candidates is a challenge. As you approach graduation, adding the Certificate in Principles of Public Relations to your resume is the leg up you need to secure the position you want.
Offered through the Universal Accreditation Board (UAB), the Certificate in Principles of Public Relations is an entry-level certificate designed to demonstrate a fundamental level of knowledge for graduates entering the public relations profession. Students must take a preparatory class, and then a computer-based examination at a participating location. The Universal Accreditation Board (UAB), made up of eight participating public relations professional organizations, administers several programs to promote lifelong learning in the public relations profession.
To qualify for the Certificate examination, students must:
- Be within six months of graduation (before or after) from an accredited college or university whose degree is in public relations or a related area of study; AND
- Be members of the Public Relations Student Society of America or student member of another UAB Participating Organization, such as the Florida Public Relations Association or the Southern Public Relations Federation; AND
- Take a formal, university-approved course of study specifically designated for Certificate preparation.
The certificate program costs $150 ($25 application fee plus $125 examination fee). This does not include any tuition or fees that may be charged by individual universities.
Universities must complete the following for participating in the Certificate program:
- Designate a faculty coordinator.
- Fill out and return the University Commitment Form to Kathy Mulvihill.
- Organize a formal, university-approved course of study specifically designated for Certificate preparation.
- Verify eligibility of all applicants.
STUDENTS ON THE MOVE: MASHABLE NABS RECENT RUTGERS GRAD AND PRSSA MEMBER
PRSA NJ is proud to announce that recent Rutgers graduate and PRSSA member Gopi Oza has accepted her first full-time job with Mashable in its sales development division. When asked how her background in public relations prepared her for this new role, Oza said, “I’m thankful for the experiences I’ve had in college including leadership opportunities with PRSSA, internships at PR agencies like JFK Communications, and relevant coursework at Rutgers – not to mention the great mentoring leaders I’ve met along my journey. Most of all, my experiences taught me to adapt quickly to any challenges that I will face in the future.”
Congratulations to Gobi from all of us at PRSA NJ, and good luck!
Want to share your recent hire or move? Let us know! (link to email@example.com) You might be featured in the next newsletter.