It’s a great time to become a member!
PRSA is offering several membership discounts – for both new and current members. During the month of March 2016, the following offers are available:
- New members receive a free one-year Section membership when they join National PRSA as a Regular member ($255 annual dues, plus $65 initiation fee). If joining Counselors Academy, dues are $100 (a $95 discount).Note: this offer is not available for Associate member categories ($200 or less annual dues) or current or renewing members. Refer to http://www.prsa.org/joinus/howtojoin for details. Use code MAR16 when signing up.
- Current or renewing members pay just $40 dues for a new one-year Section membership (a $20 discount). If joining Counselors Academy, dues are $100 (a $95 discount). Note: this discount cannot be used toward an existing Section membership. Use code SEC16 when signing up.
Professional Interest Section communities offer networking and professional development in your specialization area.
In March and April, new and recent grads are the focus of the New Professionals membership promotion:
- New PRSSA graduates or those with less than three years of PR experience receive a free one-year New Professionals Section membership when they join National PRSA as a first-time Associate member ($60-$200 annual dues). Use code AM16 when signing up. The New Professionals Section is focused on providing skills development opportunities, including networking, newsletters, mentoring, podcasts, webinars, and more.
Membership in PRSA and all of its Chapters is administered by the PRSA national office in New York. Visit http://www.prsa.org/JoinUs/ to apply online via the national office website. Select New Jersey as your Chapter affiliation and you will receive notice of all our local functions as soon as your membership is processed.
- Annual membership dues for the New Jersey Chapter are only $75 (in addition to PRSA national membership dues).
- For associate level members (less than two years’experience, former PRSSA member who graduated within the past two years, or a full-time graduate student working toward a public relations degree), annual dues for the New Jersey Chapter are only $25.
- Retired public relations professionals (employed less than 50 percent of the time) enjoy $25 annual chapter dues.
Questions about the application process can be directed to national’s Member Services Representative at 212-460-1400 or email@example.com. For additional information about the New Jersey Chapter, its benefits and activities contact PRSA NJ Membership Committee Chair Ken Hunter, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.