What’s important to you as a public relations professional in New Jersey?
- Advancing your career?
- Developing your communications skills?
- Networking with colleagues in the profession?
You can achieve these goals and more by joining more than 300 of your fellow public relations professionals as a member of the New Jersey Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. Joining the New Jersey Chapter complements and enhances the value of your national PRSA membership by offering you these opportunities:
- Networking: Get to know other New Jersey corporate, agency and nonprofit public relations professionals; bounce ideas off one another; share experiences; find a mentor… or be one! Share experiences with peers in our intimate Senior Pros and Young Pros events. Mingle with members of NJ’s communications community at our regular professional development events. Be sure to check out our Facebook (PRSA – NJ Chapter) and Linked In groups, which provide a dynamic forum for members to network regardless of location, and follow us on Twitter.
- Keeping Up With The Profession: Our professional development programs keep you current on the latest trends and issues, from social media to crisis planning, and feature marketing and communications leaders from top organizations throughout the state.
- Being Recognized: Our annual Pyramid Awards competition honors the best public relations campaigns and individual items with New Jersey’s most prestigious communications award.
- Meeting the Media: Our semi-annual gatherings with representatives of New Jersey’s leading print, broadcast, and online media give you the chance for face-to-face contact that will improve your media relations.
- Advancing Your Career: Our Chapter website features current New Jersey employment opportunities, and our networking events enable you to meet with prospective employers (and employees).
- Mentoring: Share your talent and experience through our one-on-one professional mentoring program that pairs professionals with 15 or more years of experience with mid-level practitioners who have 7-14 years of experience. Mentoring is a two-way street where both people learn about each other and their experiences. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Complementing Your Experience with Volunteerism: Many opportunities exist to lend your experience, or gain new capabilities, whether you have a few hours a month or year to volunteer. Click here for our volunteer form and let us know what committees interest you.
PRSA’s national parent organization provides a full range of member benefits and services, including access to the acclaimed Tactics newspaper, Issues and Trends daily newsfeed, The Strategist magazine; free live and on-demand webinars on a wide range of public relations topics that reflect best practices, cutting-edge techniques and measureable results; free preferred pricing on seminars, boot camps and conferences; an RFP exchange; special interest sections; and a resource center offering case studies, decision-making guidelines, articles, research and award-winning campaigns. Make your PRSA participation complete by joining the New Jersey Chapter in addition to your national membership.
As a new member of PRSA you are a valued part of a preeminent organization that builds value, demand and global understanding for public relations. While the national organization offers many member benefits, PRSA’s more than 100 local Chapters give you the opportunity to be a part of your local public relations community. Participation in a Chapter provides a valuable connection to your local business, public relations and media market. Whether you’re looking to network with prospective clients, employers, job candidates, partners or media, PRSA NJ is the perfect complement to your national membership.