Work for the Healthcare System that Brings Out the Best in You
When you work with CentraState Healthcare System, you’re not just another employee, you’re part of a community of experts dedicated not only to helping our patients and their families, but also helping each other succeed.
CentraState Healthcare System includes a community-based hospital, an ambulatory campus, three senior living facilities and three free-standing community health pavilions. We are seeking a Senior Communications Coordinator working in the marketing and public relations department. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
- Minimum of BA/BS in a relevant field or equivalent editorial experience
- 3-5 years writing, publishing or publications management experience, preferably in healthcare
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with AP style
- Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively among numerous departments, physicians, executives and vendors
- Experience with InDesign and Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with SEO techniques a plus
- The Senior Communications Coordinator works with physicians and clinical staff across departments to plan, direct, and coordinate activities in preparing material for print and web publication for four publications including a quarterly magazine sent to 300,000 homes, a monthly employee newsletter that is printed in English and Spanish, a quarterly newsletter to physicians on staff and a quarterly online publication for seniors
- The Senior Communications Coordinator helps oversee the implementation of the strategic vision and the workflow of projects to achieve completion within specified deadlines and budgets.
- Manages the design, content and production of four publications to ensure all maintain high quality standards. This entails working directly and with external vendors on writing, editing, photography, content approvals and printing. Ensures that publications stay within budget.
- Keeps staff and external vendors apprised of production deadlines and manages any unexpected changes in the production schedule.
- Works with physicians and clinical leaders on soliciting for story ideas and securing patient interviews and proper HIPAA consents.
- Collaborates with department members and clinical staff on promotion of new programs, services and physicians.
- Manages external vendors and ensures that their work meets the standards of the healthcare system.
- Plays a major role in generating and implementing ideas and recommendations that help elevate and promote the editorial quality and objectives of the publications and keeps it current to healthcare publication standards.
- This also includes monitoring performance metrics, such as number of marketing calls, representation of service line and physicians and social media interaction.
- Assists with specials projects as needed.
Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience as it pertains to this position here.
Why Choose CentraState?
With ample opportunity, competitive benefits and a collaborative atmosphere, working at CentraState is not just another job, it’s a way to do what you love and to be your best you!
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
CentraState’s Mission: To enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare
Our Vision: To have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community’s healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence.
We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community.
Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential.
We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change.
This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.