AtlantiCare is seeking a Public Relations Specialist with at least 3 years of experience developing PR strategies to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Services, responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of proactive public relations strategies and tactics that sustain and strengthen the mission and goals of the health system.
- Creating and executing the public relations component of integrated marketing plans for the broader organization and business unit/service line plans.
- Working closely with other members of the team to create and execute the tactics in support of specific business goals. The ability to collaborate with others is key, as this position will work closely with the Director of Marketing Services, Digital team (in particular the Social Media Specialist) and other members of the team to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Work will vary across clients and will require the Specialist to leverage proven techniques and to use their creativity. In addition to crafting plans for internal clients, the position will proactively identify and anticipate stories, as well as write, produce and distribute press kits, feature stories, calendar listings, public service announcements and other items for AtlantiCare-sponsored events.
- Working closely with the Director of Media Relations & Public Affairs and supporting efforts as a member of the media on-call rotation and as a back-up for media inquiries/requests.
- Working closely with internal customers and external partner agencies and being responsible for the successful trafficking of all materials, as well as meeting all deadlines and monitoring budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in communications, public relations or journalism preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing public relations strategies; healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and requires insurability through AtlantiCare Fleet Policy and provisions.
- Strong ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Excellent oral, written communication and problem-solving skills.
AtlantiCare is southeastern New Jersey’s largest employer. With approximately 5,500 employees and 900 physicians, AtlantiCare serves the southeastern New Jersey community in nearly 90 locations. AtlantiCare is proud to be one of a handful of healthcare providers in the United States who have received the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (awarded to organizations that demonstrate quality and performance excellence) and have attained status as a Magnet®-designated hospital.
At AtlantiCare, you are more than an employee — you’re one of nearly 5,500 partners in a mission to build healthy communities in southeastern New Jersey. Whether you’re a nurse caring for patients, a cook preparing food or a technician servicing computers, everyone plays an important role. Come join the region’s healthcare leader — an organization known for medical innovation and performance excellence.
AtlantiCare is a great place to work with excellent benefits and real opportunities for career growth. In fact, 94 percent of our employees say they would recommend working at AtlantiCare to friends or family.
We are closer than you think! Easy drive down the Atlantic City Expressway, 206 or Garden State Parkway with no traffic! 45-minute drive from Philadelphia, and 45 minutes south of Toms River and Medford.
Join AtlantiCare. And make a contribution that could change healthcare.
Inspire. Dream. Achieve.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit http://www.AtlantiCare.attnhr.com/jobs/144109/
Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V