Click above to listen to our podcast from our October 19, 2017 session on brand storytelling, courtesy of Lubetkin Media Companies.
Media relations has been a mainstay of the PR industry for decades, but that’s changing, especially as newsrooms shrink. Companies large and small are now telling their own stories, publishing them on SEO-enhanced online news hubs, and getting bottom-line results.
Brand journalism (also known as content marketing) is dramatically changing how we practice PR. Skillfully written news reports that resonate with customers and humanize a company’s message are the new PR frontier.
This seminar provided attendees with a high-level overview of the new PR (also called inbound marketing), and step-by-step instructions for how to put it into practice, including how to create a powerful online newsroom that combines thought-leadership blogs, news stories, videos, podcasts and social media to propel you to the top of search engine rankings.
- Creative use of inbound marketing/brand journalism to get results on a small budget
- Be strategic by giving your PR plan a bottom-line focus on outcomes
- Identify, research and analyze target publics
- Do keyword research and develop messages for those publics.
- Harness the power of storytelling to connect with your customers
- Support and leverage your storytelling strategy with WordPress, SEO, influencers, social media, video and online news hubs
- The basics of building an online news hub
- Don’t forget to measure outcomes
Our presenters included:
Director, Digital Strategy