IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), www.imanet.org, one of the world’s largest and most respected professional associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession, is looking for a Social Media and Product Marketing Specialist to join its growing staff. This highly competitive position is located in IMA’s global headquarters in Montvale, NJ.
The ideal candidate will leverage his or her proficiency in marketing and social media management to drive impactful programs and campaigns that will grow membership, build customer loyalty, and deliver an engaging and seamless user experience. The position requires a strong ability to lead and collaborate across several cross-functional areas to meet deliverables and deadlines, management and development of internal marketing planning calendars and project plans, and flawless execution in collaboration with brand, design, communications, PR, marketing agency, internal product teams, and external partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage all social media marketing, creating and managing a best-in-class engagement platform via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and IMA’s exclusive community, LinkUp IMA
- Develop social media strategy; assemble, edit, and schedule daily content; develop conference and event content; select images or develop new graphics with creative team; and manage user interaction across all platforms.
- Identify and create new social media opportunities and programs in line with IMA goals and client needs. Build IMA’s presence on Instagram and SnapChat, as well as partner social media channels.
- Manage IMA’s social media calendar for the United States and with global ownership and oversight, including distributing and sharing content cross-platform.
- Schedule and post daily content for Strategic Finance magazine’s social media channels and develop strategy to increase followers on platforms.
- Support the social media strategy to promote awareness and conversion of IMA’s CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification program.
- Answer questions posted on IMA’s Facebook and other social media platforms, acting as the voice of IMA and utilizing key messages. Escalate questions to Member Services or internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Enhance LinkUp community engagement and evolve platform user experience.
- Report social media analytics and use results to improve audience engagement.
Manage and grow IMA’s Live Event Attendance and Engagement
- Lead promotional campaigns, onsite look and feel and event mobile app development, and more, by creating and executing project plans, marketing calendars, and campaigns for IMA’s Annual Conference & Expo, IMA’s Student Leadership Conference, and other live events.
- Collaborate with IMA’s events team, internal design agency, and external vendors to promote the event itself and create campaigns and collateral.
- Support global meetings and events sharing best practices, supporting collateral and campaign development, and guiding global teams.
Develop best-in-class Student and Academic Marketing Program
- Develop marketing and promotional campaigns and manage website look and feel for Student and Academic programs, supporting the Student/Academic product team as an internal client.
- Develop communications to meet project goals and needs in alignment with product team and manage all practical aspects of communications planning, including working with designers and copywriters on the Brand team
- Manage the vendor relationship for the IMA Accounting Honor Society (IAHS) and shipments of IAHS materials Conversion-based/marketing copywriting is required for smaller-scale assignments with proofing support
Influence a Positive Team Culture
- Stay on top of industry trends, competitive practices, and conduct competitive research to inform IMA’s social media, event marketing, and student and academic program strategies
- Actively leverage your role to influence a positive team culture throughout the Value Delivery team in support of IMA’s Core Values
Position Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of social media, event marketing, and project management experience.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn ad campaigns
- Experience using Instagram and Snapchat, in a business setting preferred
- Understanding of how to optimize copy and content on social media platforms to drive referral traffic and improve SEO
- Strong eye for visual design with ability to conceptualize and source eye-catching images both directly from iStock and working with in-house agency to develop new graphics
- Comfortable with analytics and measurement of campaign effectiveness to continually optimize marketing efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to easily convey ideas in writing and maintain a consistent brand voice on behalf of the company with a passion for the business
- Ability to understand the needs of IMA members
- Experience working with professional associations or not-for-profit organizations a plus
- Close attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects on time and with flawless execution
- Proven ability to influence and interact successfully with diverse cross-functional partners at all levels, leading internal and external clients and vendors
- Customer-first mindset with an ability to stay on top of social media inquiries, route difficult questions offline, and maintain top-notch professionalism as the voice of the brand
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and ability to create tools and templates to successfully manage ongoing projects
Contact: To apply for this position, send a cover letter and résumé to IMA Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.