IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), www.imanet.org, one of the world’s largest and most respected professional associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession, is looking for a Manager, Brand Content and Storytelling to join its growing staff. This highly competitive position is located in IMA’s global headquarters in Montvale, NJ.
Supporting the Brand team’s marketing, communications, and public relations objectives, this position manages the craft of developing compelling copy for a variety of channels, including email campaigns, brand storytelling, IMA’s website, event scripting, bylined articles, and other materials. The Manager of Brand Content and Storytelling helps tell the IMA value story to increase awareness, generate engagement, and drive conversion among target audiences. The position reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Public Relations and has responsibility for one direct report.
- Email Campaigns: Write and edit promotional copy for segmented email marketing campaigns for IMA’s leading programs, products, and services, including the CMA certification program. Develop value propositions to attract purchase and engagement.
- Brand Storytelling: Create inspiring narrative stories highlighting the value of IMA’s CMA certification to organizations (B2B) and individuals (B2C) for owned, earned, and shared media channels.
- Bylined Articles: Assist in the development, writing, and editing of bylined articles by IMA spokespeople for placement in earned and owned media channels, including thought leadership by IMA’s President and CEO.
- Website Copy: Develop website content in line with IMA’s brand positioning, SEO best practices, and performance metrics. Make recommendations to internal stakeholders to ensure the best user experience.
Scripting: As needs warrant, develop scripting for IMA events, including IMA’s Annual Conference & Expo and presentations by IMA spokespeople.
- Messaging: Assist in the development of messaging targeting a variety of IMA stakeholders. Ensure consistency with IMA’s brand positioning.
- Editing and Proofreading: Ensure that IMA Brand Guidelines and Style Guide are followed across all Brand channels. Implement proofreading quality checks.
- Project Management: Manage copywriting project calendars to meet objectives, timing, and internal stakeholder expectations. Manage internal stakeholder feedback and make recommendations based on best practices for the channel.
- Attain a detailed knowledge of IMA’s programs, products and services as the organization provides solutions to members and changes in the management accounting profession.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in copywriting for a variety of channels and objectives
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar, fact-checking, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge and continuing education of best practices for email and web copywriting
- Experience working with B2B and B2C content relevant to accounting/finance, business issues, careers, and technological changes affecting the profession
- Ability to understand technical issues and translate them into compelling messages
- Demonstrate strong creative, project management, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects across various departments
Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience working for a not-for-profit association helpful
Qualified candidates will be asked to provide a variety of writing samples
CONTACT: To apply for this position, send a cover letter and résumé to IMA Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.