Stop Begging the News Media – Write and Publish Your Own News!
At this half-day seminar, you will learn the basics of how to get results for your company or organization with great storytelling, even on a small budget.
Where: Tabula Rasa Gallery & Event Space, 1645 Irving Street, Rahway, NJ 07065
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 10:30 am (registration & networking from 8:00-8:30 am)
Cost: $29 for PRSA-NJ members, $40 for nonmembers
Media relations has been a mainstay of the PR industry for decades, but that’s changing, especially as newsrooms shrink. Companies large and small are now telling their own stories, publishing them on SEO-enhanced online news hubs, and getting bottom-line results.
Brand journalism (also known as content marketing) is dramatically changing how we practice PR. Skillfully written news reports that resonate with customers and humanize a company’s message are the new PR frontier.
This seminar will provide you with a high-level overview of the new PR (also called inbound marketing), and step-by-step instructions for how to put it into practice, including how to create a powerful online newsroom that combines thought-leadership blogs, news stories, videos, podcasts and social media to propel you to the top of search engine rankings.
Topics to be covered:
- Creative use of inbound marketing/brand journalism to get results on a small budget.
- Be strategic by giving your PR plan a bottom-line focus on outcomes.
- Identify, research and analyze target publics.
- Do keyword research and develop messages for those publics.
- Harness the power of storytelling to connect with your customers.
- Support and leverage your storytelling strategy with WordPress, SEO, influencers, social media, video and online news hubs.
- The basics of building an online news hub.
- Don’t forget to measure outcomes.
Our presenters will include:
Director, Digital Strategy
Why spends thousands of dollars to attend a national conference on this topic when you can get the same information in your own backyard from local experts for less than the cost of three stops at Starbucks for your favorite coffee and pastry?
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY. Seating is limited.