Ducky Johnson Home Elevation is seeking a Public Relations Practitioner on a freelance basis. The candidate will work to increase awareness of the brand and the home owner experience. Candidates must have media contacts in the Queens, Broad Channel and Rockaway areas.
Job responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Build lists of media contacts (magazines, newspapers, television and internet) and editorial calendars to secure stories, features, and other placements
- Develop press materials including releases, backgrounders, pitch letters and media alerts
- Organize and keep track of PR related communications
- Internal communications, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in the field of public relations.
- Desire to work with the media proactively to generate awareness
- Experience develop and manage media contacts
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to media relations
- Current contacts and established media and influencer relationships in Queens, Board Channel and Rockaway areas
- Writing/Communications related bachelor’s degree
- This is a work from home/ remote position
- Contract to last approximately 18 months
Apply: Interested candidates should send qualifications to Linzy Cotaya, APR, at email@example.com