Stern Strategy Group, offering public relations, advisory and speakers services that build thought leadership and business, is seeking an account executive to join our team in our NJ headquarters.
Account Executives have a solid understanding of the client’s business, industry and communications and marketing goals and challenges. This role requires creativity; excellent judgment and decision-making; proactive thinking; solid organizational, writing and research skills; and the ability to adapt to multiple assignments, deadlines and clients and their programs in a frequently changing environment. Account Executives are responsible for day-to-day client contact, developing strong and effective working relationships with clients, content and press material of the highest standards, persuasive ideas for outreach to journalists and conference organizers. They maintain a deep knowledge of traditional, digital and social media and journalists, and proactively leverage that knowledge to garner quality and strategic results and coverage for clients. In addition, the application of abstract thinking and reasoning is required to associate clients’ businesses, themes and goals with timely news topics and trends to generate effective and news hooks, story angles, and specific media, direct engagement and/or marketing opportunities.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Your curiosity will push you to ask intelligent questions, explore new concepts and ideas essential to personal growth and client satisfaction.
- You will collaborate with your peers and support account teams on the implementation of strategic campaigns and serve as a client point of contact.
- Your tenacity will drive you to generate meaningful, high-value media coverage within top-tier business outlets for your clients and build relationships with your teams, clients and journalists.
- You’ll use forward thinking to translate complex information into compelling written content to support program implementation by drafting client reports, memos, news releases, pitch letters, briefing documents, byline articles, bios, profiles, press kit materials, etc.
- Your passion and enthusiasm for exemplary performance, stellar results and meeting deadlines which will play a vital role in your success.
- You’ll use your creativity and abstract reasoning to understand our clients’ businesses and often complex themes, and apply newly acquired knowledge and problem-solving skills to generate news hooks, story angles and media opportunities.
- Due to your courageous nature, you will routinely and proactively contribute new ideas for both account teams and the agency.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU THE PERFECT FIT:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
- The media landscape is your playground; you understand worldly themes and stay on top of current events.
- You have a proven track record of media results with strong media skills and media contacts.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- You have an affinity for details and quality, along with a sense of urgency.
- You have sound judgment and stay organized in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and working with multiple clients makes every day interesting and different.
- You are confident, enthusiastic and engaging with a can-do attitude, and display willingness to handle all tasks.
- You have 1-2 years of agency experience. Servicing B2B PR/marketing accounts a plus.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE OUR CULTURE, ENJOY BENEFITS AND RAVE ABOUT THE PERKS!
- Our culture is best defined by our core values: integrity, respect, curiosity, tenacity, commitment, forward-thinking, collaboration, passion, enthusiasm and courage
- We take genuine interest in your professional development and career growth
- Team members are recognized for outstanding work and demonstration of our core values
- We love what we do! We work diligently and efficiently in a positive and calm atmosphere
- We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits: Medical with HSA, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Dependent Care FSA, 401k with a match after 1 year, EAP
- We have lots of perks and fun events! 8-10 Company Holidays, Generous PTO (paid time off), flex time/flex place, pizza lunches, happy hours, social and team building events, company parties, holiday celebrations, potlucks, employee appreciation events, community service projects, education fund towards professional development and much more. Check us out on social media to get a sneak peek at the fun! https://www.instagram.com/sternstrategy/
READY TO KNOCK OUR SOCKS OFF?
Our future is bright and with us, so is your career. We’re excited to review your application! Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also share how you learned of the opportunity.
Stern Strategy Group gives voice to ideas, institutions and individuals impacting the world. With oh offices in Iselin, NJ and Boston, Mass., everything we do is grounded in strategy. We embrace clients’ ideas and mission, and forge relationships rooted in empathy, coaching, connections and influence. For additional information, visit www.sternstrategy.com and connect with us socially @sternstrategy.