The Communications team at Atlantic Health System is growing!
We are currently seeking a Director of Corporate Communications to oversee all internal and external communications for the system. Qualified candidate will oversee a team of public relations, social media and corporate communications managers and internal communications coordinators. Will also work closely with senior leadership to direct, create, oversee and implement communications plans (messaging, activities, and tactical implementation), serve as a strategic communications counsel supporting leadership and clinical teams (writing, editing, coordinating, planning and executing internal and external communications), develop, implement and continually improve new and innovative ways to drive employee and community engagement, oversee crisis communications plan, analyze communications metrics and continually optimize communications efforts and partner with digital and marketing leadership to create effective integrated communications campaigns. Candidates should have demonstrated success leading effective communications teams and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in Communications or Journalism or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience is required managing external communications programs. Healthcare focus preferred. Agency experience a plus.
- Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to both tactical and strategic planning in support of the overall strategic plan.
- Understanding of the need to carefully evaluate the impact of emerging business situations and choose the best path forward and ability to select and assertively communicate actions and activities that maximize organization performance.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
- Experience using analytics to drive social media strategy, planning and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience implementing structure and discipline in communications approach.
- Experience working with regional and local media.
- Able to participating in evening and weekend (rotating) on-call responsibilities.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and considerations for communicating in the public arena, from the community to global public relations (PR); the ability to communicate to various forms of media outlets effectively and establish favorable public relations.
Atlantic Health System is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in New Jersey. We are comprised of Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital – all of which are accredited by The Joint Commission. Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply: To submit your resume and application for this opportunity, please visit jobs.atlantichealth.org (Keyword: Director of Communications)