The manager of multimedia strategy and production will report to the director of strategic marketing and communications and will work closely within a five-member team to manage the conception and production of all multimedia in support of the Peddie School brand. This full-time, 12-month position will lead the school’s multimedia strategy and manage all multimedia production for the school, including, but not limited to, photography and videography.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Multimedia strategy and production – 70%
- Work with the communications team to build and implement an annual editorial calendar for the production of both high-level and smaller-scale videos that integrate into complete marketing initiatives.
- Build marketing strategies to maximize the impact of multimedia investments across constituencies, e.g., livestreamed events.
- Create annual strategy for content on campus-wide digital screens; recommend and implement technological improvements for high-profile physical spaces including, but not limited to the admission office, alumni house and athletic center.
- Stay abreast of the latest in multimedia trends and technology and continually produce fresh and relevant content in order to maintain a competitive, best-in-class web presence.
- Serve as staff photographer, including coverage of events, scenic campus shots and general marketing photography.
- Shoot and edit videos that effectively and regularly tell the Peddie story in a compelling visual format with consistent branding.
- Develop concepts for unique, innovative coverage of reoccurring events on campus and manage timely and efficient production of videos for social media and web use.
- Manage inventory of photo and video equipment and make recommendations for the purchase and maintenance of equipment for ideal in-house coverage of campus life.
- Collaborate with editor of alumni magazine to conceive of and develop multimedia supplements in support of the school magazine.
- Create and/or manage vendor relationships in the creation of compelling visual materials including, but not limited to, interactive web features, infographics and other web and print graphics.
- Create templates and train internal campus partners on multimedia production, including but not limited to simple presentations, videos and slideshows.
- Digital asset management – 10%
- Create, organize and maintain a searchable database of photography and video footage including event and stock footage. Integrate digitalized versions of print and film footage from the Peddie archives.
- Graphic Design – 10%
- Graphic design including, but not limited to, video animation and print and web design as needed.
- Social media management 10%
- Collaborate with director of strategic marketing and communications to develop dynamic interactive social media campaigns.
- Serve as back-up for social media coverage.
Other duties may be assigned, including writing and other communications-related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree required, video/multimedia and/or graphic design major preferred. Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing and editing video and photographing events and portraits. Expert-level knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe suite, or equivalent photo and video editing software.
Interested and qualified candidates should email the following materials with the title: “Assistant director, multimedia strategy and production” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter
- Samples of photography and/or videography
Peddie School is an independent, coed boarding school of 550 students located midway between Philadelphia and New York City near Princeton University.
Peddie School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.