Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communications industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game in order to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communications, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communications. When you are willing to take risks and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities to travel the world to attend medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communications. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
The Public Relations Coordinator will report directly to the MJH Associates PR Manager and will work in collaboration to respond to assigned media requests, write and distribute press releases, assist with research and pitching efforts, monitor media coverage and handle press clippings.
- Draft assigned press releases, media pitches, newsletter articles, and other press materials.
- Work in collaboration with social media team members by franchise to create PR specific content for assigned social media channels.
- Maintain weekly PR metric reports.
- Work with all departments and divisions regularly to develop press ideas
- Respond to assigned media inquiries.
- Identify key media contacts and work with PR Manager to establish strong external relationships within the NJ business sector and healthcare sector.
- Update PR-related web properties with news, awards, and media coverage as assigned.
- Assist with the creation of a variety of customer marketing assets, including customer testimonials, quotes and other materials as assigned.
- Work closely with the Human Resource Department to create internal corporate communications as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of public relations work
- Must have strong PR writing skills
- Solid understanding of social media