Peddie School, an independent boarding and day school in Hightstown, NJ, is recruiting a communications associate. The communications associate will write, edit and proofread content for the school’s various marketing materials and channels including for print publications, website and social media.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create written copy for print and online projects
- Serve as proofreader of content
- Publish news and other content to the school website
- Support the department’s social media strategy by posting to various platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional nights and weekends will be required to cover events and evening activities
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of five years experience writing and editing in a marketing and/or journalistic capacity.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Comfort with interviewing both adults and teenagers for stories;
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team;
- Understanding of social media strategy for an organization (not personal accounts);
- Experience in public relations, marketing, journalism or communications;
- Sense of humor
Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should email the following materials with the title“Communications Associate” to Wendi Patella at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample of published work (print or web-based), not to exceed 8 pages
Peddie School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.