On Wednesday, June 15, the New Jersey Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA NJ) gathered PR professionals from across the state for its annual Pyramid Awards banquet, held at the Basking Ridge Country Club in Basking Ridge, NJ, to honor the state’s best work and top practitioners in the field.
A campaign from MWWPR for its “Atkins Gets Its Groove Back” program and the redesign of the Strategic Finance magazine website from the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) earned top honors for “Best in Show,” which was sponsored by GCI Health. The evening also honored three individuals for their dedication to the public relations field:
- Kris Simoes, APR, of Monmouth University was honored with the 2016 PRSA NJ Public Relations Professional of the Year award sponsored by PR Newswire/MultiVu, in recognition of her outstanding achievements and contributions to the profession of public relations in New Jersey.
- Ilana Zalika of Resound Marketing was recognized with the PRSA NJ Chapter Service Award in Honor of David Bressen in appreciation of her commitment and contributions to the Chapter.
- PRSA NJ honored Jessicca Bacher of Montclair State University, with the organization’s Future Public Relations Professional of the Year Award, sponsored by Prudential Financial in honor of Joseph A. Vecchione, APR, Fellow PRSA.
The night celebrated various campaigns and single-item projects held to the highest of public relations standards, with the following organizations recognized for their award-winning work:
- AAA Northeast
- Anne Klein Communications Group, LLC
- Coyne PR
- Ganton & Associates
- GCI Health
- The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- J Connelly PR
- Johnson PR & Events
- R&J Strategic Communications
- Reputation Architects, Inc.
- Resound Marketing
- Seton Hall University
- Stern Strategy Group
- Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Thank you to all who submitted entries, participated in judging and helped organize the Chapter’s annual event. We look forward to what next year has in store! Click here for more about the awards including a video from this year’s event.