The PRSA NJ annual Meet the Media panel will be on Tuesday, April 5, 2016, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Rutgers University, in New Brunswick, N.J.
The event is being presented in conjunction with the Rutgers University chapter of PRSSA and the New Jersey chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
Details will be available on the PRSA NJ website Upcoming Events page, and emailed to chapter members. Please contact event organizer Ken Hunter, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
April 21, 2016: Getting Ahead at Any Level: What Your Boss Wishes You Knew
In this session, you’ll hear personal accounts from PR and communications professionals at varying levels and in several disciplines to gain deeper insight on what supervisors expect from managers – green or seasoned – as well as lessons learned while reaching for new career goals. You will also learn actionable insights including:
• Tips for thinking and speaking more strategically to an executive audience
• Re-framing how you measure success at a managerial level and beyond, e.g., shifting from personal achievements to team achievements
• Navigating difficult conversations to enhance your role as a strategic adviser
• Learning how to delegate tasks more effectively and productively
• Avoiding the most common errors that drive bosses crazy
Thursday, April 21, 2016
8:00-9:00 am Networking
9:00-10:30 am Roundtable Discussions
Panelists and location TBA. Save the date and stay tuned here for more info!